Monday, August 1, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 37 Weeks


We are officially considered full term y'all! This means the term "any day now" is being spoken by pretty much every single person I come into contact with... as if I am not already aware of that already. :)
Onto the update!
 
How far along: 37 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: 23 lbs. gained... That's another +2 since last week! I'm definitely getting the pregnant lady face and I am trying not to let myself call it "looking fat" because it really isn't. My doctor did give me "the eyebrows" today, though, so I know its a little bit much. So my task for this week is to watch what I'm eating a bit better... I gots to be a healthy momma!
Maternity clothes: Even my maternity tops are having trouble covering my whole belly. I pretty much stay in tank tops because of the heat and there is typically a 2-3 inch view of my skin between the top of my pants and the bottom of the tank tops. It's pretty hot.
Stretch marks: Still none and I am so so happy about this!
Sleep: I actually only woke up with the night sweats once this last week, and my aches and pains seem to be better too. I don't know if I'm just more used to it now or what, but I'm not complaining!
Best moment this week: Most definitely the shower my Clarksville girlfriends threw for me! My mom and sister were able to come in for it too and having them finally meet this amazing group of girls I have here was so fun for me. It was a wonderful time full of many laughs, great food, and the most amazing gifts a girl could ask for! I even got a jogger stroller!!! Clarksville Greenway- get ready for Momma Wohlford to take you down!
Movement: Tyson got to show off quite a bit this week for my parents, sister, and friends. I will just lay down and people can watch him roll around. Its kind of gross and weird but for me its just so unbelievable that he is really right there... Ahhh!!!!
Food cravings: Its back to the Dr. Pepper, nutella & strawberries, and cucumber water!
Food aversions: Still the meats and anything super greasy and heavy.. yuck!
Labor Signs: Still just Braxton Hicks. Also last week at our 36 wk. appointment I was not dilated at all. Still have a bit to go I guess!
Belly Button in or out? Still in but when I sit up from laying down it literally looks like it is about to pop out any second. I think its gonna make it though.
What I miss: The physical freedom to move and do what I want with my body. Being a dancer, I have always had a kind of unique connection to my body and movement... Dancing gives you such a sense of control and release, both physically and emotionally, (although I'm not dancing in a company anymore, I would still dance all around the house almost on a daily basis... if you are a dancer you know what I'm talking about) and for that to be almost impossible for me now is very sad.
What I am looking forward to: Right now I'm kind of having tunnel vision for labor and the whole birthing process so honestly I'm not even thinking about life after that. I guess I could say I am really looking forward to seeing Justin hold his son... he is beyond excited and the thought of seeing him finally get to hold this little person he already loves so so much is enough to make me cry. I need to focus on that... the pain will be so worth it just to see them together...
Weekly Wisdom: Ask your friends for help and advice. I am a pretty anxious person in general and right now I feel like I could almost explode with all the emotions I am feeling. The one singular thing that I am clinging to right now is my friends, family and of course Justin because I know they will keep me smiling and laughing even when I am feeling more afraid than I ever have in my entire life. In a way, they are holding my hand through all this, but people can only be there for you when you allow them to be, so I think my wisdom is to be open and fill your whole heart with the love of everyone around you. For me that's the only way I am even functioning right now...
Milestones: This date, August 1st, is a huge milestone for me... its the month I become a Mom. Aaaaand that sentence makes me want to throw up... did I mention I'm an anxious person?

We will be posting the nursery reveal tomorrow! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. I hope he'll wait until I get there! I wanted us to have some lazy time together..... Countdown is on! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you look so cute and I can tell you are very anxious and excited!!! You should be excited, having a baby has got to be the most amazing, miraculous thing in the world! Don't worry or be afraid of anything though, I'm sure you're in good hands and just remember, weaker women have done it! Can't wait to see the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Sheryl I am definitely scared right now but I'm trying to relax and remember that women do this all the time! I guess its just a fear of the unknown thing and all you can do in those situations is ride the waves right?! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. meg, by the time i was 36 weeks i gained 54 pounds and was 2 cm dilated!!!! and i couldnt sleep so was on sleeping meds. dont forget the sickness and swelling i had. you are doing great. just remmeber to push on the ball! that prolly doesnt make anysense right now but it will once you feel it :) if you need anything holla

    ReplyDelete
  5. 23 pounds? I'd take that any day... you have done GREAT! And as my doctor jokes with me- he's not sure which is better for labor- the unknown, or already having been through it and knowing what's coming! Hee hee. Either way, I promise you can handle it... it's the most miraculous thing that will every happen to you so just embrace it. Can't wait til he gets here!

    ReplyDelete