Monday, August 8, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 38 Weeks

So a few of you may have noticed that in last week's update I may have seemed rather stressed and nervous. Well I am happy to say that all that was just a phase and now I am cool as a cucumber just patiently awaiting my baby boy. I feel strong and motivated and as ready as I can be. A lot of this is because of a simple little lunch with a friend who was incredibly open and honest with me about her own labor and delivery with her youngest son. We share a lot of the same viewpoints on things and her energy and excitement about it all just seemed to squash all my fears in an instant. Since then I have been almost excited for labor to start so now Justin and I both are ancy little fools.

We still have two weeks until Tyson's due date though, so I'm taking a breath and enjoying this week for what it was. Here is the update:

38 Weeks

This was the original picture for the week but we decided you couldn't really see the bump that well so we quickly took another one right before bed... which is why I look so dang tired! We had to include both though because look how cute our Rocky is!!! 

38 Weeks

How far along: 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: a little over 23 lbs. gained. That is almost the same weight I was at last week and I am happy about this since it was obvious I had been over eating a bit. Just some simple portion control and some light walking obviously nipped that in the bud. Yay for healthy living!
Maternity clothes: Although I work in an office enviornment where jeans are only for Fridays, I have been breaking this rule most every day wearing my trusty maternity jeans. The jeans I have don't cover my full belly like my maternity work pants do and I just can't bring myself to wear those full coverage work pants in this heat. A little extra make-up and jewelry seem to be making up for the casual attire.
Stretch marks: None at all! I feel so lucky for this but I'm not chancing anything and I keep putting the vit E oil on every single night.
Sleep: Sleep is actually improving even more somehow. Rolling over still takes a miracle but with the help of Justin I am making it just fine.
Best moment this week: Justin's parents came in town this weekend to spend some time with us and help with some last minute projects around the house. Having them here was so nice and along with all the work we got done, just relaxing and talking with them put us in such a great mood to start out our week. They always have such great advice and it was much needed at this crazy time in our lives.
Movement: He is all over the place still!
Food cravings: still my Dr. Pepper and avocados again.
Food aversions: Just in the last couple days I have become UBER picky and cranky when it comes to food. I am so hungry but it has to be something I want... and finding that is usually pretty hard.
Labor Signs: Still just Braxton Hicks. We think he has definitely dropped, which I don't know if you can tell or not in the picture above. No other signs though! We go to the Dr. tomorrow so we will know more then.
Belly Button in or out? Still in and since he has dropped my belly button seems to have gotten deeper again so I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get an outtie at this point.
What I miss: Honestly right now I'm not missing anything. I am really trying to soak up every bit of where I am right now because everything is about to flip upside down and I won't ever have this time back. With my next pregnancy I'll have a kid running around, which will change everything, so for now I'm letting it all just be.
What I am looking forward to: I am really looking forward to feeling those first signs of labor and that moment when we realize "this is it!". I think that's just gonna be such a fun moment!
Weekly Wisdom: Breathe. I keep focusing on my breathing and trying to relax. I'm letting it all ride at this point...
Milestones: I guess getting to the point where I'm not scared anymore is a milestone. I am so happy and calm and thankful for this quietness I feel. It's the calm before the storm I guess :)

38 Weeks - Showin some skin!

OB Appt. tomorrow at 11:30 to check to see if I am progressing at all... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment