Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 33 Weeks


Ok so I know you can't really see my belly at all in these pictures but I was so tired and looking like poo so by the time we said screw it and I went down to my tank top to show the size of the bump, I looked terrible! This is why I have shoved that little picture down at the bottom... but beware... I look rough!
 
How far along: 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: almost 17 lbs. gained
Maternity clothes: I realized last night while packing for a wedding this weekend that maternity dresses are stupid. The one I bought for a wedding in May is still so huge on me that there is no way I would leave the house in it. All my other dresses work just fine... well the ones that cover up my chest, which actually does not fit into over half of my pre-pregnancy dresses. So I guess there is a balance... you just have to find dresses that fit your pregnant body but there is no need to get special maternity ones until you absolutely need them. Lesson learned.
Stretch marks: Still none, thank jeebus.
Sleep: Justin wakes up around 4 am for work and one morning he leaned over to feel my belly and Tyson was of course playing some version of Dance Dance Revolution so I was pretty awake. Justin was shocked and asked "How do you sleep with him doing this?!" Answer... "Uh, I don't... hence the tired all day long thing".
Best moment this week: Hanging up Tyson's little clothes. I definitely got a bit emotional... I just cannot wait to hold his little butt!
Movement: He is still going crazy in there... I think maybe he is running out of room and he is rebelling. He will get into these little corners of my sides and I'll contort and gasp like an idiot. Its pretty painful actually so I'm not as in love with these types of movements.
Food cravings: Dr. Pepper. I think it might have something to do with that I am so tired all the time now and just one lil ol Dr. Pepper seems to fix everything! I crave the caffeine I guess, which I know is bad for pregnant ladies, but one every day or so won't kill me... right?!
Food aversions: Chicken... I am so over chicken. Unless its fried chicken of course... 
Labor Signs: Still no more Braxton Hicks... I'm hoping this is ok and I'll be asking our doctor this Friday at our next appointment.
Belly Button in or out? Still in!
What I miss: Being active and running up and down stairs without feeling like I could pass out. I've always been one of those 'take your stairs two at a time' people but now I literally have to stop halfway sometimes. I hate this and cannot wait to have my physical energy back... 
What I am looking forward to: Sushi! I want tons of crazy raw sushi! With a crap ton of wasabi too because I know this indigestion is going to totally go away when I'm not pregnant right... ;) A girl can hope...
Weekly Wisdom: To sleep as much as I can. Everyone keeps saying this as one of their biggest lessons learned, and last Sunday, when Justin tried to give me a hard time for sleeping in, this is exactly what I may or may not have screamed at him. I think some other wisdom should be to try and be nice to your husbands even when you feel like a hormonal mess...
Milestones: Going through the huge mound of clothes, sheets, blankets and toys that were in Tyson's crib. We still have a lot to do to wash and put everything away but we threw out two huge bags of just packaging materials if that tells you anything about the scale of this project. We can see his crib mattress again!

33 Weeks - 7.5.11

5 comments:

  1. You look as fantastic in the bottom photo as you do in the top!!! I don't think you need to worry about the lack of Braxton-Hicks contractions, I know it's been awhile, but it seems the only time I got those was when I overdid things, like waiting tables on busy days...idk, things might have changed since then, but I don't think so. And I think one Dr. Pepper will be fine! Hugs! Aunt Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok good! That makes me feel so much better about the contractions! Love you Aunt Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, you look GREAT!!! I love this page that you have made, it's fantastic and it makes all of us feel like we're on the ride with ya (sort of) lol! Keep the pics coming... you're actually making me look forward to motherhood! xoxo Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sophia! Miss you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, you are BEAUTIFUL!!! I craved Dr. Pepper too! I actually drooled over a glass of Dr. Pepper Eddie had and I didn't know I was pregnant at the time. I never drank soda, so I should have known something was up and I downed his entire glass! Love and miss you! We can't wait to see and hold Tyson too! Love Jennifer, Eddie and Katie

    ReplyDelete