Monday, July 25, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 36 Weeks

36 Weeks - 7.25.11

Wow look at my eyes... I guess stoner eyes can now also be called pregnant eyes. Whatever, I'm tired!

Onto the weekly update: 

How far along: 36 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: I weighed myself this morning... I am now at 21 pounds gained! Ahhh... thats two pounds gained in one week! I hope this is ok and it's definitely going on my questions list for our OB appt. tomorrow... 
Maternity clothes: Dresses are becoming my best friend. 
Stretch marks: Still none but if I keep gaining at this rate I don't know if I'll make it the whole way! Ahh! 
Sleep: The latest and greatest night time fun has been night sweats. I get them almost every night around 3 am and I end up leaning into the freezer for about 5 minutes to cool off. I'm also hungry ALL THE TIME now so this usually ends up with me eating something while I'm standing in front of the freezer... Saturday night it was Oreos (because they were sitting right on the counter!... who leaves Oreos out on the counter with a 8.5 months pregnant woman in the house?!) and I guess I ate a lot because Justin had a heart attack when he saw the almost empty package. Aaand now the whole gaining two pounds last week is making a little more sense... 
Best moment this week: While at Wal-Mart yesterday, a complete stranger came up to tell me that I was one of the cutest pregnant people she had ever seen. I feel like this was a treat from God because at that moment I was feeling at my worst! I realized then that pregnant people need compliments from strangers because we feel so terrible that we honestly don't believe you if you are family or a friend trying to say something complimentary... you all have to be nice to us! 
Movement: I am much more used to his craziness now although when he tries to break out of my sides that still hurts like hell. 
Food cravings: I had a craving for cucumber water this week. We will probably be keeping this in the house for the rest of the summer. It's so refreshing!!! 
Food aversions: The textures of most meats are really grossing me out... Chicken, steak, pork... I can't eat any of it. 
Labor Signs: Tons of Braxton Hicks but nothing more. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in! 
What I miss: Laying on my stomach. 
What I am looking forward to: This weekend my parents and sister are coming in town to help us with some last minute stuff around the house and to also go to a shower being thrown by my BFFs in Clarksville. I am so so excited for the weekend to get here!!! 
Weekly Wisdom: Sunburns + Pregnancy = Misery... Wear a higher SPF!!! I went to the pool on Sat. for only two hours, and I even applied sunscreen twice! Still, I fried. I guess spf 15 doesn't stand a chance protecting a pasty girl like me... 
Milestones: Washing all of Tyson's clothes, sheets, etc! I have been DREADING this because I hate laundry more than anyone I have ever known... until now! With every little onesie it started to sink in more and more and I just had a blast looking through everything again. I even enjoyed matching up his socks! Who woulda thought!? It felt really good to get this part done and I feel like we are that much closer to being ready for our little man to get here!!!

Stay tuned for the big nursery reveal! We plan to get the last minute touches done this week and will get together a big post for yas then! It's coming together so well and we just love it!

2 comments:

  1. Meg!! You are such a great, cute pregnant lady! You've gained it all in the tummy! I can't wait to see pictures of Lil' Tyson. Good luck this month!!

    --Sarah Alliman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! Pictures of Tyson will be here soon which is sooooo scary! Ahhh!!!

    ReplyDelete