Monday, July 18, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 35 Weeks

Ok so I didn't get around to posting about our roadtrip last week and to be honest I might not ever get to it... The reason is because this last week I unleashed my inner crazy and made one HUGE to-do list of things I'd like to get done before Tyson arrives. Anyone who knows me won't be the least bit surprised to hear it was complete with broken down categories and plenty of extra lines for new additions as I think of them.

The best part of this slightly psychotic list issue of mine, is that I am married to a man who doesn't cringe or roll his eyes when I walk up to him with my printed out two page list of line items for us to do. He probably knows that many of the things on the list are ridiculous, like to fix a pipe out in the middle of our yard (what does this have to do with being ready for a baby?!) but instead of calling me out for it, he simply goes to one of the things he agrees with and says, "ok lets install this fan right now".

I am so so lucky to have such an amazing and supportive husband and I cannot wait to see this guy as a Dad...

Justin practicing putting the Pack N Play together - 7.16.11

Alright enough of the mushy stuff... onto the weekly update!

35 Weeks - 7.18.11
How far along: 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: over 19 lbs. gained! Yall I'm gaining about a pound a week! Yikes!
Maternity clothes: I am officially done with my pre-pregnancy pants. My bum and hips are expanding and there is no belly band strong enough to hold my pants in place anymore. This also means my undies are all becoming thongs as we speak... I feel like I am exploding!
Stretch marks: Justin spotted "the line" last night... you know that line that some women get from their belly button down... I happen to not notice it, although to be honest I can't even see below my belly button without using a mirror. So la la la.... ignorance is bliss!
Sleep: Although I just doted on my wonderful Justin above, I have to admit that our nightly routines are becoming more and more hostile with me wanting to literally kick him onto the floor. I'm sure we look like 3 yr. olds complaining: - me: "MOVE OVER!, STOP SNORING!" justin: "I'M ON MY SIDE, STOP ELBOWING ME!" Its a mess... We talked this morning about how we ever used to sleep comfortably before this and its 100% because I am the heaviest sleeper on the planet... that is when I don't have a football player inside me practicing drills and indigestion and acid reflux preventing me from breathing... oh yeah and leg cramps all night and peeing every hour.... aaaand can you tell I'm a sleep deprived cranky ass right now?!
Best moment this week: Putting together our stroller and pack n play. This had to be the funniest thing to ever witness and one of our good friends, Ann, happened to get to see it. I'm sure we both looked like monkeys playing with blocks as we wiggled and smacked buttons trying to release some portion of the contraption. I'd like to think we are both fairly smart people, but these things gave us a run for our money! Thank goodness for the illustrations in the directions and lots and lots of time! It took us about an hour for each item and we have to admit we used knives and other non kid-friendly tools to get things to do what we wanted. We'll keep practicing though!
Movement: Still going crazy!
Food cravings: Avocados sound so good to me now! Yum!
Food aversions: I usually love spicy stuff but its just not worth the pain of the indigestion anymore. I've taken them off the list! 
Labor Signs: None thank goodness :)
Belly Button in or out? We really don't think it's gonna make it till the end... when I laugh it almost comes half way out! Ugh its so weird!!!
What I miss: An ice cold brewskie on a hot summer day.
What I am looking forward to: Running/Working out... I can't wait to really get to push myself and get that energetic feeling after going to the gym.
Weekly Wisdom: "It is important to keep in mind that our bodies must work pretty well, or there wouldn't be so many humans on the planet." - Ina May Gaskin (Ina May's Guide to Childbirth) It sounds so simple but its so true. This book is really changing the way I think about pain and childbirth... it's pretty interesting!
Milestones:This isn't a milestone but Justin is in full on "It could happen any minute mode". Anytime I squeal or make a noise or anything he comes running. I love this as he has never been a very quick responder to anything. I, however, am not feeling any inkling of things happening anytime soon so I have been trying to tell him to relax and that we have quite a while left to go :) 5 more weeks! Ahhh!

We'll leave yall with some fun outtakes from todays bump photo session... we usually get a few laughs out of each other every time :)

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha... this cracks me up. I, too, give the hubby a typed out 'honey-do' list with all sorts of odd jobs on it. God bless them, right? And pack-n-plays are the devil... I don't think they ever get easier! You look fantastic and I'm glad you're reading something that is not freaking you out about labor. It's tough, I won't lie, but it is one of the most amazing things you will ever experience. I actually look forward to going through it again in a very strange way. Loving these updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about the pack n' play and stroller is trying to set them up while holding the baby :)

    Glad you are liking the book - nice to have a new viewpoint.

    Loving the updates.

    Big hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim that's so reassuring to know we aren't the only ones struggling with pack n plays!

    Aunt Sara - That book is completely changing my thought process about birth in general. Its giving me the emotional strength to feel like I can do this! Thank you SO much for recommending it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, in reference to your part about Justin not being the fastest responder...it made me think back to that time we were in World's Fair park and you got hit with that super heavy disc frisbee and he kept on a-walking. Glad you weren't concussed that day. :)

    ReplyDelete