Tuesday, July 19, 2011

there is something scary in the backseat!

Yesterday when I got home from work, Justin told me he had something scary to show me. Anytime anyone says anything about something being scary my very first words are "is it a snake?!". Once they roll their eyes and say no I can start breathing again and so as Justin reassured me he was not about to show me a snake I followed him down to our driveway. This is where he proceeded to open the door to our 4Runner and show me our baby boy's car seat all attached and ready to go.

We both stood there a little bug eyed for a second then looked at each other with our classic "oh, shit" faces. After another second we both relaxed and began to smile at each other as we realized this is really happening... we are weeks away from having our little man in our arms.

Its a mix of happiness, terror, anxiousness and love and we are just trying to enjoy this crazy time in our lives before things are about to explode into a whole different reality. There are plenty of times, though, that this doesn't even feel real. I will completely forget that I am even pregnant at certain points throughout the day and when I see myself in the mirror I have to do a double take. Today though I have had plenty of reminders. Every time I turn around in the car and see this:


... Well it all comes rushing in and my eyes bug out and I may or may not even curse out loud in shock. It never fails, though, that those scared emotions ease off and it always ends with a smile. This is really happening and we absolutely cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment