Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 34 Weeks

34 Weeks - 7.12.11
Boone decided to make an appearance in this one

I'm pretty sure everyone reading this is fully aware of the beyond ridiculous heat wave we are having right now, right?! Well I don't know about you but I am OVER IT! A 110 degree heat index + an 8 mo. pregnant woman = the worst combination EVER! My feet and ankles are swollen, I have been sweating in places I didn't know was possible, and my level of exhaustion has reached new heights. Lets just say I am a whiny annoying mess at the moment...

I do, however, have many fun things to tell you all about and hopefully I will get to it this week. We had a great long vacation this past weekend that included our road trip up to Michigan to celebrate the wedding of our good friends Amanda & Lee. We got to see great friends and had a blast and we were so so excited to see another wonderful couple join the married peeps club! We then stopped in Louisville, KY on the way home to dedicate some time celebrating our own marriage for our 2 yr. wedding anniversary that was yesterday. It was a hilarious series of unfortunate events and I can't wait to share with you our time there that we have dubbed our lemon anniversary.

So as soon as I quit whining about the heat long enough to sit down and write, I will be posting about all our fun on our weekend adventure on the road. It will be sure to bring some laughs... Until then here is the weekly pregnancy update!


34 Weeks - 7.12.11

How far along: 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: almost 18 lbs. gained I think... honestly I haven't even gotten on the scale this week but I'm sure I've gained something... I feel HUGE!
Maternity clothes: My maternity jeans are my best friends... I actually roll them up sometimes as capris and get a two for one special!
Stretch marks: Still nothing and still applying the Vit. E oil every night.
Sleep: The sleepless nights are starting to be caused more because of my need to pee so much... I have to wake up every hour or two to go to the bathroom. Its getting old already!
Best moment this week: Our very good friends had their baby this last Thursday and it was by far the best moment of our week! Steph and I have kind of been preggo buddies since we were only 3 weeks apart in our due dates (she had Tenley a bit early) so when she went into labor and had her sweet baby girl it definitely kicked things into a whole other level for us. It's scarier, but really its just more exciting than anything!
Movement: Tyson is a MESS! I am getting more and more used to being punched constantly from the inside out, though, and it is comforting to know he is ok and moving around a lot.
Food cravings: Water! In this heat all I want is water!
Food aversions: Anything warm makes me want to hurl... I'm just so hot all the time I need cool refreshing foods. 
Labor Signs: I had a fit of Braxton Hicks last Saturday at our friends wedding. It was uber hot outside and I had definitely over exerted myself and started to get the contractions back to back. It was a little scary for a minute since going into labor in freaking Michigan would have been TERRIBLE but after a few I knew they were just Braxton Hicks since they really weren't painful at all. After many many glasses of water and a little siesta on a couch (thanks Christine!) I was all better!
Belly Button in or out? Still in but its gettin close. Justin plugs it when I laugh because he says it looks like it is gonna pop out any second... its pretty hilarious which makes me laugh even more.
What I miss: I used to be a fairly level headed and chill person and now I am just a crazy mess. I cry over the stupidest things and sometimes I will flip out on people for no reason like some crazy person. I definitely miss my old personality... this crazy chick is no fun!
What I am looking forward to: I'm getting more and more anxious to just hold my little man. I've never wanted anything more...
Weekly Wisdom: This may be kind of gross but last week I took a breastfeeding class taught by the lactation consultant at our local hospital. For someone who knew very little about this I had been super nervous and confused by so much of what I had heard so far, but this class was amazing! I can't even try to pick out one specific piece of wisdom she gave us because there were so many, but I would recommend to anyone to take the classes offered by hospitals for things like this because at the end of the day, knowledge replaces fear. So yeah... that's my wisdom... :)
Milestones: I finally gave into my exhaustion... I am one of those people that never likes to miss any of the fun and so far I've pushed myself to stay awake and do everything I can to keep up with all my friends and Justin in their late nights and partying (well I wasn't drinking of course). This Sat., though, I had to back down and take a nap IN THE MIDDLE OF A WEDDING! I never thought I would ever do something like that but every ounce of my body was screaming at me to back off and rest and with the persuasion of a wise friend and super momma I went inside and laid down until I felt up to finishing the party... and by finishing the party I mean watching everyone dance while I sat with my feet up. I guess the point is that my priorities have officially shifted and my health and my baby are now number one above everything else. I guess this is me turning into a Momma!!! That's quite a milestone I think!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, Boone is crazy!!! What is he doing in there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful. And even though it makes you have to pee, water is your best friend; it helps prevent the false contractions.

    Lots of love,
    Auntie Sara

    ReplyDelete