Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 32 Weeks

32 Weeks - 6.27.11

Its a new week for baby Tyson and we almost forgot to take a new bump picture! We actually got out of bed last night to take this one (this is why I'm not looking at the camera :) so we could be accurate with getting it on the same day of each week.

As far as fun things to update you on I am going to steal an idea from a friend's blog in which she fills out the same list of topics concerning the pregnancy each week. I think this is so fun so I wanted to try it out here... hope you like it!

How far along: 32 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: around 16 lbs. gained
Maternity clothes: I have one pair of maternity jeans and one pair of work pants but I still rock my pre-pregnancy shorts and jeans with my coveted belly bands. With my shirts I'm wearing about half maternity and half of my old clothes... some work and some don't!
Stretch marks: None yet! I've been lathering on the Vit. E oil almost every night and even though they say that lotions and oils really can't prevent stretch marks, I'm holding out hope!
Sleep: I'm pretty uncomfortable at night but since getting my heartburn a little more under control (thank you Zantac!) its been much better. Justin and I are still in the same bed too but I'll be very surprised if that lasts the whole time. We need a king size bed!
Best moment this week: Having my sister-in-law and her boyfriend surprise us on a family vacation this past weekend. This will be the only time she gets to see me really showing and pregnant so it was fun to talk with her about all the fun pregnancy symptoms and such...
Movement: Tyson has decided to start practicing football drills early. Its full on alien baby at night with my tummy rolling all over the place. I'm used to it now and I think its pretty cool but Justin still gets wide eyed and jittery when he sees it happening.
Food cravings: Not too much of cravings but I love sweets and give in more now than before pregnancy. Same with salt and butter but since I swell so easily now I've really been trying to avoid the salt.
Food aversions: Its not really aversions, but almost every time we try to think of something to eat I never can think of anything that sounds good. I'm not nearly as hungry as I thought I would be as a 32 weeks pregnant lady.
Labor Signs: I've only had one definite Braxton Hicks contraction so far and I have been slightly worried I should be having more by now but, who knows? Other times I'll feel cramps or things that almost feel like contractions but I think its just Tyson's big butt pushing himself all around the place.
Belly Button in or out? Still definitely in and I think there is a good chance I'll keep an inny the whole time... We'll see!
What I miss: This sounds terrible but this weekend I really missed being able to drink... At the cabin my father-in-law made his version of a John Daly which is made with rasberry lemonade and Firefly (did I seriously just add a link to a vodka company on a pregnancy update post?!) This is my all-time favorite summer drink and I found myself really missing it this weekend. I know... terrible Mommy...
What I am looking forward to: Being able to sleep more comfortably. Although I am actually getting used to falling asleep with terrible indigestion and body cramps, I do think it will be glorious when I can lay down and not feel all those things.
Weekly Wisdom: This wasn't from this week, but since this is the first one of these we've done I'll mention it now. Someone told me at some point to just be confident in what Justin and I decide is best for us because there is no one way to be a parent. Sometimes I get really sensitive and hurt when people give us a hard time for some of our decisions (i.e. cloth diapers or wanting to do natural birth) but I have to keep reminding myself that we are all different and it would be so stupid to try and parent the way others think is best for us. We love this child so much already and although I'm sure we will screw up plenty of times, that love will be enough and we will figure it out just fine.
Milestones: We bought our stroller and car seat set! That was a big item and one that was very very stressful for us to decide on, so bringing it home was a HUGE milestone for us.

If you have anything else you would like us to add into the weekly updates just let us know in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer anything! If you have been around us you know we are WAY open about anything to do with this pregnancy...

And for all of you that keep saying I'm not big enough to be 32 weeks along, I have included a pretty hilarious photo of the belly up close. I think my height must hide most of the size but when you see it like this, its definitely there! We also wanted to document my belly at this point because my skin feels like its about at its capacity and it might start getting all gross and funky looking soon... you know... with the dreaded stretchmarks. Oh well... it's ALL worth it and I honestly don't even care. We just can't wait to meet our baby boy!

the belly @ 32 wks. - 6.27.11

8 comments:

  1. Your belly is adorable meg! I am so jealous of the not strestchy marks. I am 33 weeks and started getting them 2 weeks ago :( you are gonna be an awesome mommy.

    Mallory Bertrand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stole the update questionnaire. I love it!! Some other people I know have how you feel physically and emotionally on theirs. You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, I just saw your blog on Facebook and love the update! I got through pregnancy 1 with no stretch marks, but keep using the oils and lotion after the baby because you can get them as your belly goes back to its old shape... I learned that the hard way, but luckily they've gone away. And you look AWESOME btw... 16 lbs. at 32 weeks? JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wisdom. You're right about trying to NOT be the perfect parent, no such person exists. And you know kids aren't born with an 'Owners Manual'.

    May I suggest that whatever you do to, for, or with your child remember... 'TEMPER it with LOVE'... and you'll Never go wrong. You turned out OK, didn't ya!

    Love Daddio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whitney thanks for the great idea on the update list!

    Kim I love your blog too and you are def a reason I wanted to start our own! I'll definitely listen to your advice about the lotions after tyson gets here too... I would have never thought of that!

    Great advice Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg! Found the blog through facebook and it's wonderful!! You look fantastic! So very excited for you and Justin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH! such a cute belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a natural birth with Caleb and it was the most rewarding and powerful moment of my life. I think your blog is awesome, and I'm excited to read more as you continue on this journey. Belly=major cuteness btw!

    ReplyDelete