Thursday, June 23, 2011

sixteen candles

Today is my sweet little sister's 16th birthday and I must admit I'm a little uneasy about this! Being ten years apart in age will give you one of the best and most unique sibling relationships I think you can have... I mean that in a way that I feel half like a big sister and half like a mom in that I feel more protective and emotional over her life and well being than anyone else in this world. So watching her hit this milestone has me a bit more emotional than other birthdays. The other night when I was compiling pictures for this post I most definitely welled up with tears seeing how fast she has grown up into this absolutely beautiful young adult... You'll see how fast it happens when you scroll through the pictures below!

I love this girl more than words can explain and seeing her celebrate another birthday brings me so much happiness and excitement that she is probably actually happy that I live three hours away and cannot embarrass her with an obnoxious surprise super sweet sixteen birthday party... in fact she is really smart and got even further away from me on this day and went on a beach trip with her friend to Ft. Meyers, FL. So even though you are on a gorgeous beach with friends, know that Justin and I are thinking of you and wishing you the best birthday a girl can have. 

We love you Emma and Happy Sweet 16!!!
Boomsday 2009 - One of my favorite pictures of her ever.


Now for a trip down memory lane with the crazy Bailey sisters:

Stolen off Facebook so I'm not sure of her exact age here,
but this is how I think of her always... my cute, cute baby sister!!!!
Summer 2003 - Dollywood

Spring 2006 - Beaumont Field Day
Spring 2006 - Connor's Graduation
Summer 2006 - Emma's 11th Birthday Party
All the girls came to my college house and had a slumber party... it was
so adorable and all my roomates loved seeing young girls having the time of their
lives. It was a night full of nail painting, junk food and some old school Salt N Peppa!
6.23.07 - Emma's 12th Birthday, Justin and I took her and some friends on a
mini shopping spree... we obviously achieved the proverbial "shop till you drop" state...
Winter 2007


6.23.08 - Emma's 13th Birthday (officially a teenager!!!)
7.11.09 - Emma and me on my wedding day
7.11.09 - Having some photobooth fun at the wedding!
Christmas 2009 - Downtown Knoxville
Spring 2010 - at a good friend's wedding
Fall 2010 - With our beautiful madre.
Spring 2011 - Ft. Monroe, VA

I can't wait for all the pictures and memories to come... love you girl!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I'm missing both my girls today! - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, She has grown sooo much since '06! I hope she has a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup Chantelle you have known her since she was little little! Its crazy to see how fast they grow up! Tear!

    ReplyDelete