Friday, June 24, 2011

southern sunrise

This weekend we are heading up to the family cabin (I call it that but really its my in-laws rental cabin... if you want to rent it click here to check it out!) and I am so excited to be back in my happy place. We were just there two weeks ago with friends but I already miss it so much. Here we all are the morning after a late night of fun and about to go have pancakes in Gatlinburg!

From left: Fletcher, Arielle, Scott, Justin, Meg, Taylor, Matt, Susie & Baker
6.12.11

Justin's parents bought Southern Sunrise last summer and since then we have spent maybe four or five weekends up there. That doesn't sound like a lot when I write it out but it feels like a lot when I think about it. I keep describing it as a mental massage to be there... Looking out off that deck to see this:

2.26.11

Yeah... Its hard not to feel relaxed when you are there. One of the most special parts of the experience is the sunrise. I must admit I've only made it up in time for two of them... one of which was when I got locked out all alone at 6:30 am and everyone was asleep! Thank goodness I had brought a blanket and was in a place where its almost impossible to freak out. I mean I just sat out on that deck until someone woke up... it was amazing! But the other one I thankfully remembered to wake up some other people and I got some amazing pictures on my phone.This is one of my favorites:

4.24.11 - Easter Morning

So this weekend we are going back for what will be our last trip to Knoxville & the cabin before Tyson is born. I'm sure I will be all emotional thinking of that fact and also imagining all the memories we are yet to make with him up at Southern Sunrise. We will be there with Justin's parents, his grandparents (MeeMaw & Grandpa Welsh) and his Aunt Cindy so it will be a great family affair. I'm so excited and all that will be missing will be my sister-in-law, Megan, and our pups who aren't yet allowed to come stay with us there yet... the cabin has a strict no pet policy but I'm still scheming to see if we can eventually break that rule ;) Thank goodness my Mom is the best doggie grandma ever and has agreed to watch them for us!

Anyways, that is our big adventure for the weekend! We hope you all have something fun and relaxing planned as well. And just for fun I popped another belly picture in here that we took two weeks ago. What is it about these pictures that are just so amusing?!

30 weeks along - Pigeon Forge, TN - 6.12.11

No comments:

Post a Comment