Wednesday, June 22, 2011

to: m ... from: j

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Digital Camera

These days a lot of men get gifts for their pregnant wives to somewhat thank them in a way I guess for bearing his child. They call it a "Push Present" and although it sounded kind of strange at first, once I started to feel the effects of pregnancy I was all about getting a gift as a reward for this crap! Well a gift aside from the obvious gift of life with Tyson... duh :) Anyways, after some thought, I told Justin that instead of something like jewelry, I would love it if he got me a new camera since the one we have now is pretty terrible and we both would love it if we had better images to document this crazy, emotional time in our lives.

Well, we did a ton of research, tried out our good friends' Leica D-Lux 4 for a couple weeks (the panasonic is VERY similar to the Leica), and in the end decided that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 was "the one" for us. It is small enough to keep with us at all times for random Tyson moments, simple enough for photography beginners like me but has enough manual capabilities for the professional photographer I want to be, and it flat out just takes awesome photos. I guess in a way its the best of the best of what we actually need, which is basically as badass point and shoot.

Justin ordered it earlier this week and I am beyond excited about it. Once we get it you can expect a lot more photos on this here blog as well as the beginnings of our home tour posts where we'll show you all the cool things we've been doing around the house, namely in the nursery! Woop woop its gonna be a good time!

Oh Mr. Panasonic, how I love you so! Get home to Momma soon please!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment